Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality and Tourism Management
The Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality and Tourism Management is designed to prepare students for entry – to management positions in global hospitality organizations. Students learn the principles in hospitality and tourism management along with concepts in marketing, revenue management, law, ethics and strategic planning disciplines. This program is flexible enough to allow students to select their specializations, from room accommodations, food service, meeting and event planning, and tourism.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Understand the theories and principles of hospitality service excellence.
- Apply these theories to hospitality and tourism operations, including, marketing, law, and strategic planning.
- Gain understanding about current political, economic, and social issues affecting rooms, food, beverage and tourism industries.
- Apply strategic management principles to achieve goals and objectives of hospitality and tourism operations.
- Evaluate hospitality characteristics and principles relevant to the global context.
- Critically discuss models used in evaluating quality in service related to hospitality and tourism.
Students must complete all the required core courses (48 Credits). Each course is valued as 3 Credits
BHT 100 Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality Management
BHT 110 Sustainability in Tourism and Hospitality
BHIT 117 Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism
BHIT 205 Information Technology for Strategic Tourism Management
BHIT 209 Tourism Geography
BHIT 215 Revenue Management for Hospitality Industry
BHIT 226 Tourism and Community Development
BHIT 304 Leadership in Hospitality and Tourism
BHIT 311 Business Writing for Hospitality Industry
BHIT 400 Business Statistics
BHIT 406 Quality Management for Hospitality Industry
BHIT 423 Global Issues in Travel and Tourism
BHIT 435 Legal Aspects of Hospitality and Tourism Management
BHIT 444 Managerial Accounting for the Hospitality Industry
ECON 445 International Trade
URES 499 Capstone Project for Undergraduate Studies
Students must complete all seven business core courses. Each course is valued as 3 Credits.
BUS 100 Introduction to Business
BUS 217 Strategies in Decision Making
BUS 316 Business Enterprise Management
Total Credits required for Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality and Tourism Management is 120.
Please refer to the University Catalog or website for admissions requirements; transfer credits policy; and tuition fees.