Students will use case studies to investigate the international and macroeconomic environment in which companies operate. It is divided into two sections. The first section develops the fundamental tools of macroeconomic management (fiscal and monetary policy). It is followed by evaluations of various strategies of economic development, discussing topics that range from natural resources and technological progress to exchange rates.
- Understand the lessons that may be drawn from the case of the German Hyperinflation and the ways that monetary policy affects the economy.
- Thoroughly understand the facts surrounding the Great Depression and the Hoover administration’s response to it.
- Understand the Keynesian economists’ concepts and the effects of expansionary fiscal policy on the economy.
- Analyze whether trade deficit is good or bad for the economy.
- Understand the macroeconomic policies utilized by countries like Chile, Uganda, Singapore, Australia and Mexico.