This is a course prepared as an introductory course for biology. It covered topics like cell biology, genetics, and classifications of organisms. Terminologies use in biology will be presented in this course.53
- Discuss the properties that define life. Understand and trace the history of biological study.
- Understand the relationship between the structure and function of macromolecules.
- Discuss the major features of cell structure and function.
- Explain how genetic material is transmitted in living organisms from one generation to the next.
- Discuss important processes and interactions leading to the structure of natural communities, especially natural selection, population growth, competition, nutrient cycling, and behavioral ecology.
- Be familiar with the major ecosystems on land and in water.
- Critically discuss the role of humans as a force of change in the biosphere.
- Understand the classification of living organisms.