This course will focus on applied ethics as an art as the students learn ethical principles as well as encounter moral and ethical problems that arise in a business context. It will be presented as a normative and descriptive discipline that reflects on the different degrees of interaction with non-economic social values.
- Understand the link between business ethics and social responsibility.
- Examine the foundations and evolution of business ethics.
- Gain insight into the extent of ethical misconduct in the workplace and the pressures for unethical behavior.
- Understand why business ethics initiatives are needed in both small and large organizations.
- Apply moral philosophies to business ethics.
- Understand social responsibility.
- Determine how leadership, motivation, and power relate to ethical decision making in organizations.
- Understand business ethics in a global economy.
- Explain the relationship between business ethics and organizational performance.