This course includes theoretical concepts about recruiting and training the best employees. It trains students to fill the needs of the corporation. Students learn the personnel and management practices.
- Understand the differences in approach among organizations to managing employees. Understand what is meant by human resource management.
- Analyze the relationship between human resource management and management.
- Explain the relationship between strategic HRM and HR planning.
- Describe the relationship between strategic HRM and human resource information systems (HRIS).
- Understand the importance of the law as it relates to HRM.
- Discuss the major internal and external sources of human resources.
- Explain the major recruitment methods and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Understand the need for validation of employee selection procedures.
- Discuss the relationship between strategy, performance management and performance appraisal.