Students will acquire necessary skills, values, and knowledge in implementing positive change in a business firm. Focus will be on the enhancement of motivational skills, moral and ethical values, and performance. Elements of transformational leadership – individualized consideration, intellectual stimulation, inspirational motivation, and idealized influence – will be explored and evaluated.
- Understand how the theories of charismatic and transformational leadership differ from earlier leadership theories.
- Comprehend similarities and differences among the major theories of charismatic and transformational leadership.
- Understand how attributions of charisma are jointly determined by the leader, the followers, and the situation.
- Analyze traits, behaviors, and influence processes are involved in charismatic and transformational leadership.
- Understand why charismatic leadership can have adverse consequences for followers and the organization.
- Understand the major findings in empirical research on the effects of charismatic and transformational leadership.
- Understand how to apply the theories to become more effective as a leader.