Students will examine the evolution and development of human and organizational contexts. Challenges in the management profession will be evaluated and students will acquire and apply critical skills needed in negotiation tasks, team values building, and leadership. Advanced concepts and instrument used in work analysis and leadership will also be introduced.
- Understand the nature of knowledge in society, its role in creating strategic advantage in knowledge-based enterprises and the role of people management.
- Describe the processes of knowledge management in organizations and use them to analyze an organization.
- Understand how organizations create and share knowledge.
- Understand the notion of intellectual capital and advice on how it may be measured in different types of organizations.
- Understand people-organization relationships in terms of the whole person, whole group, whole organization, and whole social system.
- Develop the behavioral capacities and skills needed for effective role performance in today’s demanding business environment, including the use of modern techniques for designing work processes, formulating strategies and leading people.