In this course, we will examine how the current legal environment, government regulation, and e-commerce environment impact today’s business decisions. The cases in the text are cutting-edge, exciting, and engaging, and the reasoning of each case is presented in the language of the court. Specifically, we will focus on presenting the legal environment and ethics in a way that will spur students to ask questions and go beyond basic memorization to develop a greater understanding of the applicability to their business life.
- Learn the solid foundation in business law needed to exercise judgment and leadership when confronting a broad range of complex law-sensitive issues.
- Learn how to organize a new company, employment, contracts, venture capital, liability, intellectual property, taking a company public, antitrust, managerial and corporate crime.
- Understand how to go international, and sell a business.
- Analyze bankruptcy and reorganization, and business disputes.
- Analyze US law and compare with other systems.
- Understand legal issues of concern to entrepreneurs, such as startup, separating from an existing venture, corporate organization and finance.
- Understand legal issues of management, including intellectual property, contract law, litigation, corporate governance and dissolving the business.