Simply put, this course addresses the most challenging task faced by multinational companies-how to deal with globalization and the resulting need for globally integrated strategies. To answer this question, we will first look to understand global strategy. The remainder of our study will focus on diagnosing what the global market needs and how to foster growth in a competitive manner through competitive decision-making and strategy.
- Understand the strategic perspectives that facilitate success in an international context.
- Identify and evaluate lucrative international business opportunities in various countries and industries.
- Analyze challenges of integrating the multiple perspectives, functions, and interests that constitute the multinational firm.
- Learn when and how individual firms can take advantage of these opportunities.
- Understand the increasing array of choices regarding markets, locations for key activities, outsourcing and ownership modes, and organization and processes for managing across borders.
- Learn conceptual tools necessary to understand and work effectively in today’s interconnected world by developing strategic perspectives that link this changing environment, the state of the global industry, and the capabilities and position of the firm.