An overview to the world of computer basics–hardware, software, file management–and give you the knowledge and skills you need for efficient computer operation. Computer technology is a fundamental element of the modern application of health science knowledge and methods.
- Create, edit, and illustrate Microsoft® Word™ documents that are professional looking.
- Apply formulas and functions to large data sets in Microsoft® Excel®
- Incorporate useful charts and graphs to summarize data
- Create presentations in Microsoft® PowerPoint® using advanced tools, tables, and charts
- Create a database using Microsoft® Access®
- Generate simple database reports using Microsoft® Access®
- Describe how these techniques will aid the development, implementation, and evaluation of health science programs in a global health context.