This course focuses on the importance and contribution of development factors to clinical issues: the role of cognitive, social and moral development; the effect of early learning on later development including caregiver and child characteristics as well as the subsequent interactions; development from a life span perspective and family and cultural influences.
- a proficiency in reading and writing within the conceptual framework of historical psychology;
- an oral proficiency in understanding the genesis of psychology as a science;
- an ability to identify, analyze, and question the origin of various analysis models;
- a familiarity with understanding the rationale of psychology within a society;
- and a familiarity with the most recent psychological theory.