Theory and technique of psychodynamic psychotherapy, emphasizing classical drive theory, relational/developmental and cognitive/representational perspectives. Classes focus on clinical techniques, research on psychodynamic process and technical applications to specific psychopathologies.
- a proficiency in reading and writing within the conceptual framework of psychodynamic psychotherapy;
- an oral proficiency in understanding the genesis of psychodynamic psychotherapy;
- an ability to identify, analyze, and question the origin of various analysis models;
- a familiarity with understanding the rationale of psychodynamic psychotherapy within a society;
- and a familiarity with the contemporary psychodynamic psychotherapy theory.