This course provides an introduction to the cognitive and affective bases of behavior. Topics to be addressed include basic principles of learning theory and alternative theoretical perspectives on the nature of emotion. The nature of cognitive processes such as memory and decision-making will also be addressed. The course is designed to be particularly relevant to the application of these topics to clinical psychology.
- a proficiency in reading and writing within the conceptual framework of learning, cognition & emotion;
- an oral proficiency in understanding the genesis of learning, cognition & emotion;
- an ability to identify, analyze, and question the origin of various analysis models;
- a familiarity with understanding the rationale of learning, cognition & emotion;
- and a familiarity with the contemporary learning, cognition & emotion theory.