Students will share information on the functions, services, and issues of each office, its role within the institution, and relevant professional literature with each other. Students will develop and share personal internship goals, implementation strategies, and a project which relates developmental theory to the internship experience.
- Learn first-hand about the professional roles and responsibilities of student affairs administrators.
- Gain significant practical experience by engaging in program development and implementation.
- Obtain valuable feedback on the development and demonstration of professional skills.
- Apply theory and research to practical work.
- Develop and apply skills such as problem solving, collaboration, program planning and implementation, working with student leaders and campus administrators, and evaluation.
- Develop a professional portfolio and build a professional network.
- Become experienced practitioners.