This introductory course covers the basic theories, principles, and applications of investment and corporate finance. The course focuses on the role that the CFO plays as a decision maker, and how he or she might proceed in a certain situation.
- Understand the role that a CFO plays as decision maker.
- Prepare the full consolidated statements of a single company and the consolidated statements of financial position and comprehensive income for a group (in relatively complex circumstances).
- Discuss accounting principles and their relevance to accounting issues of contemporary interest.
- Analyze the principles of accounting for capital schemes and foreign exchange rate changes.
- Evaluate performance and position.
- Discuss contemporary developments in financial and non-financial reporting.
- Produce ratio analysis from financial statements and supporting information.