This course provides students with a general introduction to the law of torts, focusing on negligence, encompassing duty of care, breach and standard of care; causation and remoteness; damages; defenses; and vicarious liabilities. The course covers a comprehensive range of other torts, such as trespass to person, land, goods, nuisance, and defamation.
- Analyze foundational principles of tort law.
- Conduct legal research at a foundational level and assess legal information derived through primary and secondary sources.
- Apply tort law to complex cases by harnessing the correct legal problem-solving techniques.
- Compose cohesive written arguments for a legal audience.
- Use critical analysis in applying tort law to simulated cases in an academic environment.
- Comprehensively discuss the impacts of tort law from a policy perspective.