This course explores rules of law through which liability for civil wrongs is imposed. Law of Torts II covers common law and statutory law relevant to torts, encompassing defenses, remedies, and evaluation for damages. Critical theoretical perspectives and key policy issues pertinent to tort law will also be discussed.
- Discuss legal principles on substantive areas of tort law and apply these for resolving legal problems.
- Critically discuss tort law’s roles in the civil justice system and contemporary societies in the Commonwealth Countries.
- Analyze case laws, statutes, and secondary legal materials that are pertinent to tort law.
- Assess policy considerations on tort law and their effects on the further development of the law of tort.
- Develop superior legal arguments on tort law issues and problems, orally, and in writing.