This course covers procedural aspect of Legal practice in Commonwealth countries. Emphasis will be on development of law, analysis and synthesis of judicial precedents; and uses of legal reasoning.
- Critically read and interpret relevant authority, such as cases, statutes, regulations, treaties, and determine the rules governing each authority.
- Synthesize applicable rules of law into a logical framework for analysis.
- Formulate and evaluate arguments pertinent to case laws.
- Identify and analyze the relevance of facts and apply identified rules to facts, as well as identify and address possible potential counterarguments
- Apply applicable precedents to determine the potential outcome of a problem.
- Critique the law, drawing from relevant disciplines or perspectives, including impacts on society and theoretical implications.