This course covers topics on the constitutional systems of Commonwealth Countries. Discussions encompass the powers vested on the different arms of government, which includes constitutional interpretation, heads of power, legal relations between constitutional branches of government, and constitutional rights.
- Describe constitutional law concepts, such as interpretation methods, the definition of laws, and relationships between constitutional branches of government.
- Comprehensively discuss criteria for the validity of laws and the role of governmental institutions in crafting, implementing, and interpreting laws.
- Apply constitutional law principles to determine the validity of real and hypothetical laws.
- Critique the development of constitutional law principles in the Commonwealth Countries.
- Analyze relevant legal theories pertinent to the constitution.
- Preset orally and in writing theory-driven constitutional arguments.