This course prepares students for the substantive study of law, equipping them with requisite analytical skills to engage meaningfully with substantive legal topics they studied in previous semesters. Students are also introduced to the fundamental conception of the term “law” and global/comparative dimensions where domestic legal systems exist.
- Demonstrate knowledge of core concepts and analytical skills needed to study law as a distinct discipline.
- Interpret and assess how key rules operate.
- Present and assess arguments based on key rules and principles.
- Assess the appropriateness of various approaches to solve legal problems.
- Construct clear, structured, and coherent arguments about the different facets of the law.
- Coherently compare global and comparative dimensions where domestic legal systems exist.