This course builds on research skills developed during the degree program and will discuss various legal research and writing approaches, different research tools and methodologies, and guidance on how to formulate a research proposal.
- Identify primary and secondary legal sources for the selected topic.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the area being investigated.
- Demonstrate knowledge in making recommendations for possible resolution of problems.
- Develop a clear and coherent framework of analysis for the chosen topic.
- Develop and present persuasive arguments orally and in writing, demonstrating critical thinking, independent thought, and appropriate use of concepts and sources.
- Develop and defend original ideas.