This course is continuation of Equity I. The course will cover equitable estoppel, fiduciary obligations, express trusts, constructive trusts. Specific attention will be given to creating express trusts, rights, powers and duties of trustees; and remedies for breaches of trust and fiduciary obligations.
- Apply the principles of equity, using both primary and secondary sources.
- Solve complex equity problems from theoretical perspectives.
- Construct persuasive written and oral arguments for legal audiences.
- Conduct and analyze legal research by applying principles of equity.
- Analyze the impacts and operations of equity from a social and policy perspective.
- Research on principles of an express trust.