This course will familiarize students with family law’s general principles, such as marriage, succession, testaments, and family property. Students will also learn how to prepare legal documents for adoption, legal separation, divorce, marriage, annulment, child visitation, and custody.
- Identify and explain the terminology associated with family law.
- Explain the concepts relating to family law topics, including marriage, succession, testaments, family property, annulment, divorce, paternity, child support, child custody, and access in suits affecting the parent-child relationship.
- Identify some significant legal decisions affecting family law.
- Explain the different types of conservatorship.
- Describe a standard possession order and reasons for deviation from the standard.
- Calculate guideline child support and medical support.
- Learn how to prepare legal documents for adoption, legal separation, divorce, marriage, annulment, and child visitation and custody.