This course advanced concepts of logic and various informal and formal methods of argument analysis. Students learn the crucial analytical tools for understanding and engaging critically with philosophical texts and write and reason systematically through this course.
- Recognize arguments and differentiate them from explanations.
- Competently diagram arguments.
- Reconstruct sophisticated arguments from written sources.
- Assess the validity of deductive arguments.
- Comprehend the significance of probability for evaluating inductive arguments.
- Utilize various informal and formal methods of argument analysis.