This course explores EU institutions and law-making powers. It also examines the impacts of EU law on national law and its general effects for enterprises and individuals. Some topics covered in this course are the EU, political institutions structure and its’powers and the EU’s judicial power.
- Contextualize the contemporary functions of EU law and the internal market.
- Deeply understand the general principles of EU Law and emphasize their relevance in judicial decision-making.
- Determine legal sources of the four freedoms.
- Apply relevant statutes and case law to analyze the extent of these freedoms.
- Assess how to balance fundamental rights with the four freedoms.
- Find and investigate key primary and secondary sources pertinent to EU law.