This course explores materials about company law. Some topics covered are company law frameworks, corporate entities, corporate constitutions, and governance mechanisms, encompassing the directors’ role, duties, and responsibilities. Attention will also be given to shareholder remedies and protecting creditors from directors’ liabilities on insolvency.
- Thoroughly discuss the concept of a separate legal personality of a company.
- Critically analyze legal issues arising from corporate and personal liability concerning torts and crimes carried out by a company.
- Describe the constitutional structure of a corporation.
- Explain basic share capital structures that corporations typically adopt.
- Determine the form of loan capital and security requirements.
- Explain laws governing the aims and nature of insolvency regimes.