This course teaches the basic principles governing administrative action by courts and tribunals. Through this course, students learn to analyze the system of law and apply principles in complex factual situations. They also learn how to interpret statutes and apply same in solving legal problems.
- Explain the constitutional background of administrative law in the Commonwealth Countries.
- The bases of judicial review in Commonwealth Countries.
- Describe procedural rules pertinent to the legal challenges of exercises of power institutions, including rules of standing.
- Compare and contrast the divergence in approach to administrative law in the Commonwealth Countries.
- Critically analyze legal and non-legal sources pertinent to the topic of administrative law and administrative justice.