This course teaches students about the nature of law, legal reasoning, and core concepts that include morality, justice, goodness, and rights. Through this course, students explore the boundaries between law and politics; And law, morality, and ethics.
- Critically analyze the key theories and issues studied in class.
- Explain the primary points of agreement and disagreement between theorists and models.
- Explain the different types of fallacies and facts of contention.
- Define the theoretical frameworks under which law is analyzed.
- Discuss the philosophical issues that emerge in law.
- Construct critiques of existing theoretical frameworks relevant to law.