This is an advanced course that will tackle the application of concepts regarding how individuals and groups act within an organization. It trains students in a systematic approach by which the relationship of people organizations could be better understood. The student will know how to build better relationships to achieve the objectives of their organizations.
- Gain a broad understanding of some central concepts of psychology, economics, and sociology as they relate to work life.
- Present thoughtful analysis of organizational problems and dilemmas, and suggesting well-reasoned recommendations for action.
- Improve analytical abilities in understanding the behavior of individuals and groups within organizations.
- Negotiate team roles and division of labor in the timely completion of group projects and presentations.
- Provide management recommendations consistent with theory.
- Apply a motivational theory to a realistic motivational problem in an organizational context.
- Understand what is meant by “organizational culture,” and able to conduct an organizational cultural assessment.