Students will examine research-based cases of effective and successful school improvement implementation. This course is also designed to acquaint students with developing a plan for the design and implementation of a school improvement program – school profile and school mission, desired results for students, analysis of practices, and action plan.
- Examine the importance of inquiry for school improvement and the change process.
- Understand the model and the processes of continuous school improvement.
- Analyze the reciprocal relationships among instruction, curriculum, and assessment.
- Examine the use and management of technology in school improvement and its relationship to instruction, curriculum, and assessment.
- Critique current research on the uses of assessment and student achievement data to develop curriculum and to implement effective instruction for diverse learners.