One of the purposes of this course is to introduce students to various educational qualitative research methods. It also encourages students to engage rigorously and systematically in preparing qualitative studies of professional, individual, and social significance. The course also aims to build an open and rigorous intellectual setting.
- Get to know various educational qualitative research methods.
- Assess qualitative research designs and methods.
- Determine the role of problem formulation in qualitative research.
- Compare and contrast methods of collecting different types of data in both quantitative and qualitative research.
- Recognize issues of validity and reliability in data analysis.