The purpose of the research and educational practicum course is to provide students with hands-on experience in conceptualizing, designing, carrying out, and evaluating educational research studies written up for presentation. This course also encourages students to come up with publication.
- Pose significant questions grounded in existing theory and inquiry.
- Select and use methods appropriate to the question and research context.
- Gather appropriate evidence.
- Subject the evidence to careful analysis.
- Reassess prior assumptions and conceptualizations in relation to evidence gathered and ongoing analysis.
- Respond to input and critiques from other scholars and provide advice and comments for others’ research.
- Organize oral and written presentations in response to fair and open critiques.