This is an advanced course designed to give the students actual scenarios that will train them for analysis, synthesis, and application of critical thinking within an organization. There will be an emphasis on preparing students to deal clearly, rationally as well as creatively under diverse circumstances.
- Understand the relationship between decision making and the organization.
- Understand what decision making is and its fundamental assumptions.
- Analyze decision making as an organizational issue.
- Learn factors that influence decision making.
- Understand the types of decision making, and the decision making process.
- Learn decision making techniques.
- Learn about disconfirming questions, prospective hindsight and body frame.
- Understand uncertainty and risk and learn how to overcome barriers to effective decision making.