Environmental factors including biological, physical, and chemical factors which affect the health of a community.
- Describe the direct and indirect human, ecological and safety effects of major environmental and occupational agents.
- Describe genetic, physiologic and psychosocial factors that affect susceptibility to adverse health outcomes following exposure to environmental hazards.
- Describe regulatory programs, guidelines and authorities that control environmental health issues.
- Specify current environmental risk assessment methods.
- Specify approaches for assessing, preventing and controlling environmental hazards that pose risks to human health and safety.
- Explain the general mechanisms of toxicity in eliciting a toxic response to various environmental exposures.
- Discuss various risk management and risk communication approaches in relation to issues of environmental justice and equity.