This course will help the student integrate theoretical and analytical concepts with our experiences as musicians, while
helping them to build familiarity with repertorie and musical issues of the eighteenth, nineteenth, and twentieth century’s.
- To learn different trains and interpretations in music.
- To learn the meaning of accident or design in music theory.
- To learn the issues of structure and context in music.
- To learn the concerns of literary theory as a model for musical criticism, genre theories in literature and music.
- To learn the role of aesthetics, historical and cultural understanding in concepts of text/music convergences.