This course will examine the American legal system and the professional and ethical duties of the Paralegal within a Law Office environment.
- Understand the field of paralegal work and provide the basic tools to successfully work with an attorney in this field.
- Learn the kind of duties and responsibilities that a paralegal in the workplace may face.
- Recognize and distinguish between natural law, common law, positive law, and case law.
- Understand the historical basis of a legal system.
- Recognize and explain the relationship between tort and crime.
- Recognize and explain the concept of judicial review.
- Distinguish between trial courts and appellate courts.
- Explain the concept of subject matter jurisdiction.