Violence has been increasingly observed in the world. This course provides classic understandings of violence and its impacts. The Violence and Forgiveness course also explores contemporary writings on violence under the perspective of religion, law, and public policy. It also dwells on models for forgiveness that may be applied to acts of violence, with special emphasis on religions and spiritual significance for Christian churches and other religious traditions.
- Analyze the triggers to violence, ranging from the home to a global scale.
- Understand the impacts of violence, from families, to communities, societies and countries.
- Learn about different religious stances on violence.
- Analyze theological perspectives on forgiveness through the use of different frameworks.
- Understand how different religions apply forgiveness as resolution for violence.
- Gain understanding of historical and modern perspectives on violence and forgiveness.