In this course, the contents of the New Testament will be studied for the fundamental objective of helping students develop a Christian worldview. With this course, students will be able to understand the essence of Christian truth that enables effective Christian witnessing. Special emphasis will be given to the role of the Holy Spirit in ethics and morality; and comparison and contrast between Biblical ethics to other ethical paradigms. There will also be attention to how the New Testament addresses ethical issues on sexuality, economics, politics and oppression.
- Analyze New Testament verses revolving around ethics, such as the Sermon on the Mount and the Gospel of Matthew.
- Understand how the Holy Spirit guides Christians on ethical issues.
- Learn how the New Testament addresses issues on sexuality, politics, oppression and economics.
- Obtain and overview of modern ethical paradigms.
- Make a comparison and contrast of New Testament ethics and modern ethical frameworks.
- Develop a Christian worldview.