History of Modern Christianity covers the development and current state of contemporary Christianity from the 1800s to the present day. There will special emphasis on its social history and the most significant perspectives of its theology. This course will also cover the expressions of Christianity that have become marginalized, as well as the engagement of the Christian church with other religious traditions. History of Modern Christianity will also analyze different groups and trends, such as fundamentalism, ecumenicalism, liberation, Pentecostalism as well as the emerging roles of women.
- Understand the historical developments that have impacted modern Christianity.
- Identify the fundamental dimensions of modern Christianity.
- Explore the different trends influencing modern Christianity from social, political and historical perspectives.
- Critically interpret primary sources according to their historical contexts.
- Understand the fundamental theologies of key thinkers within modern Christianity period.
- Learn the most significant facts about the history of modern Christianity.