Master of Science in Information Technology Management
The Master of Science in Information Technology Management is a degree program intended for professionals who seek to undertake management positions in information technology fields and research in computer technology. The program directly aims to further develop and strengthen the skills of trained individuals in Information Technology. Likewise, the students of the program are required to come up with a publishable research which focuses on the application and usefulness of computer science to various areas or fields of their organization or community.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Widen students’ understanding and appreciation of their responsibilities as computer professionals;
- Enhance students’ technical skills and analytical skills with regard to problem solving and decision making tasks in a variety of business settings;
- Further train students to become substantially familiar of the theories and adept with the practical skills needed in information and technology applications;
- Further develop the students’ attitude and interest in computer and technology research;
- Strengthen students’ set of values and ethical principles already inculcated in them;
- To gain a solid foundation in the theory of computer science;
- To apply the theory to the practice of computing;
- To achieve productive long-terms careers in government, industry, and academia;
- To develop the foundation for continuing education and growth in the field of computer science;
- To become key contributors to computer science research and applied computer science and further their education by enrolling at a doctoral degree program;
- To accomplish a postgraduate research program focusing on applications of computer science and mathematics in telecommunications; and
- To achieve effective quality software development in teams.
Students must complete all the required foundation courses. Each course is valued as 3 Credits.
MCA 500 Introduction to Operating Systems
MCA 510 Information Technology Management
MCA 525 Project Management
MCA 600 Computer Organization
MCA 620 Technical Writing
MENG 600 Project Costing
MCA 630 Computer Science Theory
MCA 669 Computer Ethics