This course introduces interactive interpersonal and oral communication skills that are important to managers. These include listening, running meetings, presenting to a hostile audience, and group decision-making.
- Understand interactive oral and interpersonal communication skills important to managers, including presenting to a hostile audience, running meetings, listening, and contributing to group decision-making.
- Learn active listening and reflective responses.
- Learn various aspects of non-verbal communication and its meanings.
- Learn how to conduct meetings, presenting to hostile audiences, cross-cultural communication and communicating with media representatives.
- Practice techniques discussed and to role-play common business scenarios where communication skills are important.
- Heavy group participation and simulating business environments for practicing the techniques covered in readings and lectures.