This course is for students pursuing careers in the health sciences. Study of social interaction in the context of health service delivery. Issues include: provider-client communication; system-client communication; health promotion and planning; communication among professionals; health communication issues in an intercultural setting.
- Articulate the variety of issues addressed by scholars and practitioners working in health communications.
- Differentiate a number of health promotion theories.
- Create a health promotion campaign.
- Become aware of the way a person’s life is influenced by health messages.
- Critically review professional journal article in health sciences for illustration of course concepts.