This is a course designated to the study of matter and its interactions. Students will
be provided the foundational theories and concepts that will be needed for chemistry instruction.
Emphasis will be placed on problem solving and laboratory skills.
- Know the fundamental concepts and principles associated with chemical reactions notably their rates of reaction, how they are investigated and in particular, the factors including energy considerations that affect the different rates of reactions.
- Understand the physical properties of solutions, and the intermolecular forces that affect solubility including their concentration units.
- Explain factors that control reaction rate.
- Describe the various types of solutions and define the various types of concentration units.
- Calculate the concentrations of solutions by using the various concentration units.