Students will investigate the strategic behavior of business firms, the structure of markets, and the interaction between these two using a descriptive approach to industrial organization and price theories. Organization of firms and their competitive endeavors will also be looked into.
- Understand how firms interact with each other in markets.
- Learn how markets may be efficient and inefficient.
- Be able to intelligently speculate the motives of real world pricing and other decisions of firms.
- Learn to evaluate what public policies will best preserve and enhance competition as a means to promote the free market to serve the public interest.
- Be able to understand the causes and consequences of market failures.
- Be able to form intelligent opinions on how anti-competition law may or may not improve market performance.