This course introduces students to basic legal research and writing. Additionally, it prepares them for taking law examinations. The course also covers statutes interpretation and how laws respond to challenges and innovations impacting the legal profession. Discourse in this course includes legal research and writing, legal philosophies, precedents, legal reasoning, interpretation of statutes, legal education, and social change.
- Understand the theoretical and practical aspects of the legal profession.
- Critically discuss the relationships between law and legal philosophy.
- Write cohesive legal papers to resolve given problem questions for discussion in class.
- Analyze assigned case studies to determine the appropriate interpretation of statutes.
- Apply legal philosophies in analyzing assigned cases.
- Comprehensively discuss specific innovations affecting the legal profession in the 21st century.