This course is a predominantly skills-based course analyzing the Commonwealth Countries’ legal system and institutions and practices, from a general understanding of the law, legal theory, and legal reasoning. This course provides students with the knowledge, understanding, and abilities foundational to the entire Law degree.
- Thoroughly discuss the legal systems and structures of the Commonwealth Countries.
- Critically analyze doctrines, principles, and values that underpin legal practice.
- Debate on the practice of legal decision making.
- Read and evaluate relevant cases.
- Determine how the courts interpret legislation.
- Compare and contrast applicable legal theories in Commonwealth Countries.