This course critically explores the roles of evidence in a civil and criminal courtroom in consideration of due process. It covers topics that includes standards and burdens of proof, witness competence, witness examination, and inadmissible evidence.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the skills of forensic reasoning and how these are used in the courtroom.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of the functions, principles, and rules of evidence.
- Critically discuss relationships between rules and principles of evidence and the Human Rights conventions.
- Understand the sources of law of Evidence.
- Critically discuss methods of forensic reasoning within the rules of evidence that are applied in given situations.
- Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of rules of evidence and procedures.