This course teaches students the fundamentals of legal reasoning. It will equip students with necessary tools needed to articulate express legal positions by identifying and elaborating on valid and sound arguments; Logic and clear thoughts will also help students to understand the unique features of legal reasoning and the ways through which logic and rhetoric intertwine in legal discourse.
- Analyze legal concepts, its uses, and critics.
- Determine an argumentation, separate premises from conclusions, and critically evaluate any argument.
- Discuss the nature of legal authority, as well as types of justification for addressing issues.
- Understand the roles of various rhetorical strategies in rendering legal arguments.
- Construct factual premises of legal arguments.
- Recognize, analyze, and rank arguments and evidence according to relevance.