This course will encompass the religions around the world. The students will be able to
understand the differences and similarities for such beliefs. The students will understand
the view of others regarding the capacity of people to respect diversity.
- Understand the role and function of religion in human life.
- Describe theories of the origin of religion. Describe the series of characteristics used to identify a religion.
- Discuss conceptions of the sacred.
- Understand the importance of symbolism in religion.
- Explain the patterns for comparing and contrasting religions.
- Know the value and benefits of studying religion.