Master of Arts (MA) in Theology
Charisma University’s Master of Theology program provides teachers of religious education, other professionals in the field of religion and individuals with a general interest in religion with a comprehensive understanding of contemporary theology and biblical studies. It provides opportunities to reflect on theological dimensions of professional and social life. This program also prepares students for leadership in a wide range of vocations through the cultivation of skills in the study and interpretation of Scripture. Students are trained to develop a personal, systematic theological framework, and gain understanding of the origin and growth of the Christian tradition in all its richness and diversity. The Master of Theology program also provides students to undertake a research project on a theme of personal interest or significance to their professional work. For students who pass such projects will become eligible to pursue a higher degree in Theology.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of literature and texts of theology or biblical studies from an informed critical perspective.
- Discuss and assess current theory and research in a selected area of study.
- Demonstrate ability to contribute to informed theological academic debate and knowledge.
- Undertake independent research and analytical skills as applied to a research project.
- Demonstrate excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Critically analyze theological theories, concepts and principles.
- Explain the various forms of religious or philosophical argumentation.
Students must complete all the required foundation courses. Each course is valued as 3 Credits.
ThM 586 Psychotherapy and Spirituality
ThM 513 New Testament
ThM 522 The Pentateuch
ThM 525 Introduction to Buddhist Thought and Practice
ThM 536 Introduction to Synoptic Gospels
ThM 541 Moral Ethics
ThM 557 History of the Modern Christianity
ThM 563 Church Fathers